ANTI-WHAT-XIDANTS

I have been on the phone all day. Feel like I can't get anything done because I am on the phone all of the time. I mean I can't concentrate and write a post for you guys and be at the phone at the same time. This may sound like I am bad at multitasking but that is not at all true. It's just when I write a post I have to fact check what I am writing about. I am writing a post and simultaneously doing research at the same time. So you see.

Enough about that. Today I want to talk to you guys about antioxidants. I think that we all know that they're important. Why are they important? Why do we need them and most importantly, how and where can we get them?

Lets just first start with what antioxidants are and why we need them. An antioxidant is a molecule that prohibits the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that produce free radicals. This can then result in reactions that may harm cells. An antioxidant will prevent this from happening.

So where do we find these little rascals? Antioxidants are found in nutrients such as vitamin C and E, riboflavin, carotenoids and selenium. Other nutrients such as zinc, manganese and copper play a big part as antioxidants. If you eat a well balanced diet you should actually have no problems with getting antioxidants. Otherwise it could be good to remember that paprika/ peppers contains about 250% of the recommended daily dosage of vitamin C per 100g. Chia seeds contains 60% of the recommended daily dosage of zink per 100g. Lentils contains 20% of the recommended daily dosage of selenium per 100g. You will find carotenoids in fruits and vegetables that are green, yellow, orange and red. Only 50g of lingonberries contains your daily recommended dosage of 2mg of manganese. 100g of almonds contains about 56% of the daily recommended dosage of riboflavin. You need about 0,9mg of copper every day and buckwheat contains 0,8mg and olives 1,6mg.

I hope that you have found this useful and will now eat more antioxidants. But (there is always a but) don't eat to much of antioxidants: The antioxidants will then turn into pro-antioxidants and that means that the antioxidants will start to produce free radicals and harm cells.


your writer, Erika
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioxidant
https://www.livsmedelsverket.se/livsmedel-och-innehall/naringsamne/vitaminer-och-antioxidanter/antioxidanter
https://kurera.se/betakaroten/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candice Swanepoel

Beach Sexy

HALLOUMI HOT POT